The Cisco SPA301 IP Phone is a 1-Line VoIP Phone For small businesses that need cheap, consistent and easy-to-use IP phones. It can be used with SIP or SPCP and is compatible with the Cisco Combined Communications 500 Series, hosted IP telephony and Cisco SPA 9000 Voice System. The Cisco SPA301 is a user-friendly device so that is why it is easy to install and supports highly safe remote provisioning as well as web-based formation. It addresses the demands of the legacy business user while building on the benefits of IP telephony.
SIP-Based and Comprehensive Interoperability Feature Set
Based on SIP, the Cisco SPA301 IP Phone has been experienced to make sure full interoperability with equipment from voice over IP infrastructure leaders, supporting service providers to rapidly roll out inexpensive.
With lots of features and configurable service restrictions, the Cisco SPA301 addresses the demands of old business users while building on the rewards of IP telephony. Features such as easy position moves and shared line appearance are the advantages of the SPA301 IP Phone.
Provisioning, Carrier-Grade Security and Management
The Cisco SPA301 IP Phone uses standard encryption protocols to do safe configuration via remote and you can also update your device by using remote control system. Remote provisioning tools contain full performance measurement and problem sorting features, qualifying system providers to deliver quality support to their customers. All Cisco Small Business SPA301 IP phones are protected by a Cisco 1-year warranty with return to factory replacement and a 3 months limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software upgrading for error fixes for the warranty term, and phone practical support with no charges.
Key Features OF Cisco SPA301 IP Phone:
- One-line business-class IP phone.
- Connects directly to an Internet telephone service provider or to an IP PBX.
- Easy installation and safe remote provisioning as well as web-based configuration.
- Supports both SIP and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series.
- 1-service provider line, 2-call appearances retrieved via flash key or hook flash
- Shared line appearance, Line status sign
- Call hold, Music on hold, Call waiting
- Outbound caller ID blocking, Call transfer: attended and blind, 3-way conferencing with local mixing
- Combined call conferencing via external conference bridge
- Call pickup: selective and group, Callback on busy
- Call blocking: anonymous and selective, Call forwarding: unconditional, no answer, and on busy, Call return: redial last caller
- Hotline and warm line automatic calling, Call logs (60 entries each): made, answered, and missed calls; accessed via HTTP server
- Redial last called number, Do not disturb (callers hear line busy tone)
- Block anonymous incoming calls, Support for Uniform Resource Identifier IP dialing
- Built-in web server for administration and configuration, with user and administrator access levels
- Built-in interactive voice response system to check status and change configuration
- Date and time with intelligent daylight savings support
- Call start time stored in call logs, 10 user-downloadable ringtones
- Speed dial (eight entries), Group paging (outbound only)
- Intercom outbound only, Set preferred codec, per call, all calls
- Configurable dial/numbering plan support
- Ringer and handset volume controls, Handset input gain adjustment
- DNS SRV and multiple A records for proxy lookup and proxy redundancy
- Syslog, debug, report generation, and event logging, Support for highly secure encrypted voice communications, Network Address Translation (NAT) Traversal
- Automated provisioning, multiple methods, with up to 256-bit encryption: HTTP, HTTPS, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
- Option to require administrator password to reset unit to factory defaults